Sunday, December 27, 2009
New Portable Xray Unit
Here's a new product that may be of interest to those of you looking for a portable x-ray unit. The new portable dental Xray unit .The shape is more like a conventional camera than a 'ray gun' style, which the company feels is less intimidating in appearance.
Here are the other points of interest from the company website.
x-ray2go is a portable hand held camera that uses a high frequency inverter to generate a stable X-ray output with DC high voltage. This effective DC unit enables patient and operator to be exposed to the least amount of radiation. The integrated compact "Camera like" generator increases the user's confidence and decrease the negative perception patients have about X-rays. It is small: 5.6" (W) x 3.3" (D) x 1.2" (H). Best of all it only weighs 4.18 Lbs (1.9 Kgs), the lightest on the market.
• Portability – room to room ease
• No installation necessary versus complex, expensive and time consuming on-wall installation.
• No need for pass troughs
• Large LCD display – easy to read
• Simple touch controls
• Adjustable exposure time
• Hundreds of images from one (1) battery charge
• High resolution diagnostic images
• No blur from hand movement high-frequency generator produces clear images while reducing patient dose
• Shield protects the operator from scattered radiation - small dose of radiation emitted
• Leading technology provides the highest level of safety, quality and patient care
• Perfect for special needs patients, home health care patients, nursing home patients, children and veterinary practices
• Perfect for small operatories
• Perfect for mobile dentistry where room is a big factor